Did anyone make the New Years resolution to eat better? Well if you did, then I am sure you have heard a lot about how important it is to get a healthy breakfast. I am one of those people who love breakfast food (breakfast lovers: you know who you are) so I typically have no problem making myself a nice breakfast in the morning to fuel my day.
Despite all of my love for the first meal of the day, I had a lot of difficulty last week trying to get myself breakfast! I have had to get out the door super early (5:15am), and I was struggling to throw together something to eat that could satiate my hunger and give me energy to make it through the morning. That is, until I thought up this little yogurt parfait here.
Part parfait, part overnight oatmeal, this breakfast-to-go has it all: whole grains, fruits, and protein. I know I am super late jumping on the mason jar train, but I am so glad I did. This is just the cutest little breakfast I have ever seen! And this mason jar packs a filling and nutritious punch. If trying to get a healthy breakfast to-go is your challenge, then look no further than this adorable and customizable start to the day.
Mason Jar Blueberry Yogurt Parfait (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (or any yogurt flavor of your choice!)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup blueberries (or any fruit of your choice!)
- Ground cinnamon
- Mason jar
- The night before: layer the yogurt, berries, and oats into the mason jar in whatever order you would like. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top, if desired. Cover mason jar with lid and store in the refrigerator.
- The next morning: grab your mason jar out of the fridge, grab yourself a spoon, and have breakfast whenever you’d like!
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 25g
- Calcium: 348 mg
- Potassium: 499 mg
- Sodium: 134 mg