Sunday mornings are a wonderful thing. Especially when they are quiet and lazy and I have time to make a nice brunch. My go-to brunch dishes always involve crepes because they are easy, customizable, and they look and taste decadent. And these savory crepes are no exception. Filled with warm grilled chicken, creamy avocado, and sharp parmesan cheese, these crepes are super satisfying and a total crowd pleaser (or in my place, fiance pleaser). Usually I like to roll my crepes or fold them into quarters, but there was so much delicious filling in there I could barely fold the crepe over! Brunch just got a whole lot better.
Savory Chicken & Avocado Crepes (makes 4 crepes)
- I cup flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour & 1/2 cup all-purpose flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ¼ cup milk (can add more milk if necessary)
- 1 tbsp melted butter (plus extra butter for cooking)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Whisk flour, eggs, salt, vanilla, milk, and butter together. Set aside.
- Melt a pat of butter on a large skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/2 cup of the crepe batter onto the warm skillet, and rotate the pan around to equally distribute the crepe batter. Cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, flip crepe and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove crepe from heat.
- Assemble the crepe with chicken, avocado, and mixed greens. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fold the crepe over. Serve with a mixed greens salad.