Attention, everyone: I have a new banana bread recipe.
While I am sure all of you are craving something with pumpkin in it right about now, I am all about sharing a recipe with bananas and apples and you have to try. This banana bread is so delicious, and the apple flavor is present but not in any way overpowering. And with no butter and no all-purpose flour, the recipe is pretty good for you too!
Apple Butter Banana Bread (makes 1 large loaf or 2 mini loaves)
- 2 medium-sized bananas (about 3/4 cup worth when smashed)
- 1.5 cups oat flour (made by blending/food processing rolled oats)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup apple butter (make it at in your slow cooker using 3 ingredients here)
- 1/4 canola oil
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease baking pan(s).
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized bowl. Add the apple butter, oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture while stirring. Mix until just combined.
- Pour banana bread batter into baking pan(s) and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool before enjoying.