If you want a meal that’s light, vegetarian, and refreshingly tasty then this dish is for you.
What started as an experiment turned into a week-long obsession. I threw this together and ended up eating this for lunch and dinner until my lentils were gone. And I never got tired of it! I think that’s because I just felt so good when I ate it. The protein from lentils is significant but doesn’t create that “heavy” full feeling. And the lettuce cups were refreshing and crunchy and contrasted the warm lentils. Plus, I am convinced Sriracha makes everything taste better. It’s just a fact. Essentially, this dish will fill you with nutrients without making you feel full, and it is perfect for summer. So if you need a Meatless Monday recipe or just wanna have a new vegetarian meal option, then give this a try!
Lentil Lettuce Wraps (Makes 1 serving)
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 1 small white onion, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2-3 leaves of lettuce, rinsed and dried.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
- ½ tsp red chili paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Sriracha, to taste
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and add onions. Cook on low until caramelized.
- In a small bowl, mix Thai chili sauce, chili paste, a soy sauce.
- Mix onions in a bowl with lentils and avocado in a large bowl. Add sauce and mix.
- Spoon lentil mixture into lettuce cups. Drizzle with Sriracha and enjoy!