Well hello Spring! It is SO nice to finally feel the sun’s warmth, see flowers blooming, and yes, it even feels good to start taking allergy medicine again (if it’s the price of admission for warm weather I will happily pay). I know what you’re thinking. Raisins and kale: not an intuitive pairing. Well then let me be the first to tell you that the flavors and textures are marvelous together. The sweet, chewy raisins and the bitter, crunchy kale….mmmmmmm I could eat salad forever when it’s this exciting!
Kale, Cabbage, and Raisin Salad (makes 1 serving)
- 1 cup kale, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli, rinsed and sliced
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 Tbsp scallions, rinsed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp vinegar (I used 1 Tbsp balsamic, 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Mix oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, set aside.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl, toss with the dressing, and enjoy!