New York City apartments are not conducive to broiling anything. Every time I go to bake steak or chicken in the oven I welcome the heavenly smell of cooking meat with the shrill ring of my smoke alarm. I guess smoke circulating in an apartment the size of a dorm room will lead to some issues. Creative as I tend to be, I devised a solution:
Whoever said fans are only useful in the summertime?
Anyways, this recipe may not prevent your smoke alarm from going off, but it is a surefire way to make some delicious baked chicken breast. It can easily be made in the time it takes to watch an episode of Modern Family, and lean protein is a great way to ensure you are consuming a healthy diet. Just match the chicken with your side dishes of choice, and viola! A perfect, well-balanced meal.
Perfectly Baked Chicken Breast
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil (you’ll thank me for this later: easy clean up!)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and place them in your baking pan
- Bake in the oven at 350 F for 30-45 minutes. The chicken will be nice and golden when it is done, and if you are unsure just cut into one of the thicker chicken breasts to check for doneness.
- When cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes before serving (this ensures the chicken absorbs all the juices, and cools down so it doesn’t burn your mouth).
This chicken is delicious and perfect as a dinner entreé, or as an addition to salads or sandwiches. It can be topped with a sauce or salsa, or chopped and put into a pasta dish. Quick, healthy, and versatile: perfect!