I must say I am thrilled that Spring is finally in the air! Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day in the city, so beautiful I got to go on a long, refreshing fun outside! And I had this delicious strawberry chocolate chip bread to come home to.
The recipe I am about to share with you is deceiving: it is rich in strawberry and chocolate flavor but light in texture. So delicious, it tastes like chocolate-covered strawberries! I made 2 mini loaves. The first was devoured at work before noon, and the second was enjoyed by Nick and I over the weekend. This recipe is perfect for trying something unique and different with quick bread, and I definitely recommend it!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Bread (Makes 1 full-sized loaf)
- 1-1 1/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray loaf tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, whisk together butter, milk, vanilla, and eggs.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add wet ingredients and stir just until combined (do not over mix). Gently fold in berries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the loaf cool and set.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!