There is a good reason this is called “Midnight Pizza”.
My little brother Marco was watching TV with me last night when at 11pm he asked if we could make pizza. I never turn down an opportunity to cook or bake, so I decided to find the quickest pizza dough recipe available on the Internet. This glorious creation took only 45 minutes to make from scratch! Yep, believe it. By 11:45pm my little brother and I were enjoying this delicious, fresh, and creative pizza concoction (I went ahead and let my brother pick the toppings, meaning lots of meat, lots of cheese, and BBQ sauce).
Once this pizza came out of the oven, it became clear to us it was not just quick, it was good. The pizza was pretty much devoured in 20 minutes. I cannot wait to get a craving for pizza again because when I do I am definitely making another Midnight Pizza.
Midnight Pizza Dough (from All-Recipes.com)
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour (I just used all-purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker’s peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Meat-tastic BBQ Pizza
Toppings: BBQ sauce, tomato pasta sauce, chopped onion, sliced tomato, bacon, sliced turkey, mozzarella, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, dry sweet basil.